Right now we are on a much-needed family vacation to visit Sweetie’s parents in Michigan. There has been a lot of playful downtime, which means this mama has had several good sleep ins, time for knitting, reading and watching the bird feeders while PB bonds with Nana and papa. I finished reading Mockingjay and made significant progress on my Tidal cardigan. It has been great!
Trips like this always make me wonder why it takes leaving home and becoming fairly inaccessible to one’s regular life to feel so relaxed. I always head for home vowing to capture the essence of vacation and somehow transport these feelings into the daily rhythm. For now, as we head in to summer, here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Daily family walks or bike rides.
- Daily exploration of garden with PB.
- Unplugging from the computer/tv/phone more regularly
- Shopping and making meals together from scratch.
- Planning a few weekends away throughout the summer; beach, mountains, and city destinations included!
PS- We’re back! I wasn’t able to upload a photo from my in-law’s computer, so this post was on hold. Happy Monday to you!